A Week After Snubbing Deontay Wilder’s Rematch, Tyson Fury Abandons Plans To Fight In December

A Week After Snubbing Deontay Wilder’s Rematch, Tyson Fury Abandons Plans To Fight In December

A Week After Snubbing Deontay Wilder’s Rematch, Tyson Fury Abandons Plans To Fight In December
32 years old world heavyweight boxing champion, Tyson Fury, who hasn’t fought since beating Deontay Wilder in February, has abandoned this schedule to fight Germany’s Agit Kabayel in December, saying the next time he will fight will be in 2021.

Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury drew in 2018 then the British fighter won their rematch in February. 

 He was suppose to fight Kabayel in London December 5 before facing Anthony Joshua next year but he has now revealed a change of schedule.

“The Gypsy King is returning in 2021. Only those that have supported me 100% since my comeback will be with me for the glory,” Fury wrote on Twitter.

A Week After Snubbing Deontay Wilder’s Rematch, Tyson Fury Abandons Plans To Fight In December

Fury’s Co-promoter Frank Warren also released a statement on Twitter, saying: “The world’s best heavyweight, The Gyspy King @Tyson_Fury will return to action in 2021.

“Date and venue to be later announced.”

 Fury’s announcement comes a week after he said he won’t be rematching with Deontay Wilder for the third time.

Last week, Wilder called on Fury to “honour his agreement” for a third fight.

A Week After Snubbing Deontay Wilder’s Rematch, Tyson Fury Abandons Plans To Fight In December

 Fury had said Wilder will “never get a shot” after the American champion accused him of putting “something hard” in his gloves before their February about when Fury embarrassed Wilder in a 7th round knock out win.

 The third fight was supposed to take place during the summer but delays due to the Coronavirus pandemic and Wilder’s injury has led Fury to seek other plans and state their rematch has lapsed.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.